Share Your Chiropractic Story! – Dr. Trina
By: Dr. Trina Ting
January is often a time when people want to start fresh. What about looking at your chiropractic adjustments from a fresh perspective? Chiropractic care has helped literally millions of people become healthier and happier. We have personally witnessed many incredible healing stories in the office and we want to share your experiences. How have chiropractic adjustments helped you improve your life and your health? Are you sleeping better, do you have more energy, are you in a better mood to play with your kids now that you’re in less pain?
By sharing your story, you can help others see how chiropractic care may help them or someone they love. On your next visit, tell us your story on paper or email and you’ll receive a SPECIAL GIFT plus be entered into a draw to win your choice of a 60 minute massage, movie tickets or a water pillow! Let’s spread the word!
I have my own chiropractic story, so if you’re looking for somewhere to get started, read on:
I came to chiropractic care relatively late. I was 20 years old, in university, and trying to map out my future. I was introduced to a chiropractor as part of a mentoring program, and spent a day watching and observing her in practice. Although my mom regularly got adjusted by a chiropractor, I still didn’t know what chiropractic was truly about. And even after a day of watching, I didn’t quite know. I just knew that this was something I could do for the rest of my life.
Chiropractic care made sense to me. I had always had a strong interest in health, and I was drawn to the fact that chiropractic’s stance on health was to find the source of the problem and to treat the person, and not the symptoms. I did my research and confirmed my instincts that I was going to be a chiropractor.
I began getting adjusted regularly and I soon resolved a chronic ankle pain that had plagued me since childhood. I was amazed but at the same time, the answer seemed to be obvious. Why wouldn’t I want to fix the problem instead of just covering up the pain? Over the years, it has helped me with digestive problems, colds, stress, sleep, and the occasional back ache. Most of all, I feel better and healthier when I receive chiropractic adjustments as part of my regular health regime.
I am a Lifetime Chiropractic Patient because regular chiropractic adjustments keep my nervous system functioning well. What does that mean? It means that I have all the energy I need and am rarely ill, allowing me to run a busy practice and to take care of those who are sick. I cannot imagine my life without getting adjusted on a regular basis. Once I discovered ProAdjuster chiropractic care, it changed my life and health for the better.
I am a chiropractic patient for life, and I hope that you will have the same experience that I have had. Chiropractic care is so much more than just pain relief. It gives me the health I need now and will need in the future.
Yours in good health,
Share Your Chiropractic Story! – Dayle
By: Dayle Tengnagel, RMT
1. How has Chiropractic care improved your life?
In 2009 I was rear-ended in a car accident and suffered injury to my right lower back and left neck/shoulder. Through physio and massage the pain in the shoulder and neck improved but the lower back remained the same. At this time I started to receive chiropractic care to help my lower back. Ever since the accident my lower back has never been the same but chiropractic treatments coupled with exercise has brought my back to a comfortable pain free state. Chiropractic care also allows me to continue with my work and my love of horseback riding/competing. To make sure I am at the top of my game for competing I always try to have an adjustment before and after and show. I know if it wasn’t for chiropractic care and exercise I might not be able to ride anymore because of the severe pain in my back, let alone help clients as a registered massage therapist.
2. What has pleased you most in your course of treatment?
The thing that has made me the happiest with regards to my chiropractic treatment is the fact of having regular maintenance adjustments my back has never gone out of place as severely as it did a few years ago. I couldn’t walk or stand because of the severity of the pain. I have also learned more about my body and I can always tell when I need an adjustment or a massage and I try to book in as soon as I can.
3. What would you recommend to others who are sick, suffering, or in pain?
I would and have recommend chiro to those that are in pain and require assistance. I also like the Proadjuster technology because the client is receiving an adjustment in a more comfortable way and the adjustments are controlled. Manual treatments can be uncomfortable and painful for those who are in acute pain or uncomfortable with someone touching them.
Focus on Health:
Source: Heel Detox-Kit Brochure
Detoxification – Why?
Over the last 20 years, the number of people suffering from chronic diseases has increased considerably. Proper function of the body can be hindered by toxins which originate from a variety of sources:
- Physical: weather, irradiation/light, noise, electro-magnetic fields, etc.
- Chemical: pollution, compound in our everyday life such as cleaning and body care products, insecticides, medical drugs, etc.
- Biological: bacteria, fungi, viruses, food, allergens, molecules produced by our own body, etc.
- Psychological: stress overload, psychosomatic disease, etc.
The body’s excretion pathways may be able to counteract these negative influences for a time, but become overwhelmed by long-term exposure. When not properly eliminated, toxins build up and negatively affect the body’s metabolism in a variety of ways such as weakening the immune system, nervous system, hormonal system, vital organs, cellular respiration, antioxidant system and mucosal surface. Many diseases are directly related to the body’s incapacity to rid itself of toxins.
The Heel Detox-Kit stimulates the key organ system involved in the drainage and detoxification process. Moreover, it helps relieve symptoms of illness caused by an unhealthy lifestyle and exposure to toxins. The Heel Detox-Kit stimulates the body’s natural process of elimination to cleanse itself of toxins and restore balance to the body.
Detoxification – How?
- Limit further intake of toxic substances.
- Establish a healthier lifestyle:
- Eat nutritious foods and follow a balanced diet
- Consume sufficient amounts of water (1.5-2 liters per day)
- Learn to better manage stress
- Get sufficient amounts of sleep
- Make a conscious effort to maintain a positive attitude and do more things you enjoy!
- Reactivate the body’s own drainage and detoxification system (lymphatic, gastrointestinal, hepatic, renal and biliary) with the Heel Detox-Kit. Drainage is the process by which toxins that have been deposited in the body are first mobilized and transported to the detoxification organs where they can then be neutralized and excreted.
Detoxification – Now!
The Heel Detox-Kit combines three specific homeopathic medications for complete and natural cleansing of the body (thus, targeting the major drainage and detoxification organs):
- Lyphosot: activates the lymphatic system in order to drain the connective tissue (extracellular matrix).
- Nux vomica-Homaccord: stimulates the gastrointestinal excretion pathway as well as liver detoxification.
- Berberis-Homaccord: supports the kidneys and the gallbladder’s detoxification and excretion process.
Recipe: Lemony Kale Salad
Recipe from: marthastewart.com
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups coarsely chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted blanched hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil until well combined. Add kale and toss to coat. Add Parmesan and hazelnuts; season with salt and pepper. Toss before serving.
Did you know?
One cup of chopped kale has 134 percent of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C, while a medium orange has 113 percent of the daily C requirement. That’s particularly noteworthy because a cup of kale weighs just 67 grams, while a medium orange weighs 131 grams. In other words, gram for gram, kale has more than twice the vitamin C as an orange.